Meet Our Team
Tel: +44 (0) 207 375 1393
Dom is an associate in the firm’s superyacht, dispute resolution and aviation teams and is based in London. Dom’s superyacht practice comprises representing builders, buyers, sellers, managers and owners in respect of the construction, modification, sale and purchase and management of new and pre-owned yachts.
Having started his career at Clyde & Co, Dom’s experience also covers the commercial shipping and trade and commodities sectors, having represented clients in both contentious and non-contentious matters and spent time in-house at an international commodity trader based in London. Dom has experience acting for international banks and corporates advising in relation to structured trade finance as well as traditional loan transactions.
Dom has a personal passion for sailing and has owned and renovated a number of boats over the last 18 years. When he is not in the office, Dom can often be found sailing on the south coast of England or enjoying the warmer climes of the Mediterranean and Caribbean seas and will be taking part in the 2019 Fastnet Race.
Examples of Dom’s work include:
- Acting for a yacht builder in the sale of a pre-owned 33m yacht taken in part-exchange for a new-build.
- Acting for purchasers in the purchase of pre-owned and new build yachts.
- Advising a yacht designer following the total loss of the subject yacht during construction.
- Acting for yacht builders in relation to new-building contracts and associated sale and trade-in agreements for various vessels.
- Acting for the Owner for the sale of a fleet of seven commercial vessels.
- Advising Owners in the novation of charters upon vessel sale.